Friday, December 2, 2011

My Surprise For Today. We Have An Occupy Purdue Here In West Lafayette, Indiana.

 

I’ll tell you why I was surprised. I knew the Occupy movement was all over the United States. I have been paying attention.  But here in Lafayette and West Lafayette, Indiana,  I hadn’t heard too much about any Occupiers.

 

Because back in the latter part of October, the highlight of the Occupiers here was a march. It was peaceful. I didn’t hear anything about them after  the march. It was like they disappeared afterwards.

 

Then today in Lafayette and West Lafayette’s local paper, I read about Occupy Purdue. Journal and Courier, said about the Occupy Purdue: “a muted movement at Purdue University”. No, wonder, I haven’t heard about Occupy Purdue.  Here is a actual Occupy being quiet.

 

“Purdue students and others are holding public meetings and showing films to discuss ideas and agree on points of action. Occupy Purdue is a collection of students and recent graduates focusing a view of social justice through the lens of higher education.”  According to Eric Weddle, who wrote the article I read on Occupy Purdue.

 

Now, do you understand why I was surprise?

 

This article is the one I read.  Purdue Occupy movement quieter than kin but still active

1 comment:

  1. Always be wary when they say "social justice". It means they want to steal from you. These cratins believe that you owe them a living. That you have not paid THEM their fair share of what ever you have worked for.

    ReplyDelete