'Combat!' is an American television program that aired on ABC from 1962-1967. The exclamation point at the end of Combat is a stylized bayonet.
Robert Pirosh created 'Combat!'. The TV series ran for five seasons. The first four seasons were in black and white. The final season was in color. The covered the lives of a squad of soldiers (King Company) in France during World War 2. The TV series lasted longer than the ground war in the European Theatre of Operations. Not to mention, King Company never made it out of France.
- Rick Jason-2nd Lt. Gil Haney
- Vic Morrow-Sgt. Chip Saunders
- Pierre Jalbert-Pfc. Paul "Caje" Le May
- Jake Hogan-Pvt. William G. Kirby
- Dick Peabody-Pvt. "Littlejohn"
- Conlan Carter-"Doc" (seasons 2-5)
- Tom Lowell-Billy Nelson (seasons 1-2)
- Shecky Greene-Pvt. Braddock (season 1)
- Steven Rogers-"Doc" (seasons 1)
- Paul Busch-(played different parts, mostly German)
Most of the cast members were World War 2 veterans.
- Vic Morrow
- Jack Hogan
- Dick Peabody
- Shecky Green
Army Air Corps
- Rick Jason
- Conlan Carter
- Ted Knight
- Frank Gorshin
- Lee Marvin
- James Coburn
- Richard Basehart
- Eddie Albert
- Nick Adams
- Randy Boone
- James Caan
- Leonard Nimoy
- Warren Spahn (Baseball Hall of Famer)
- Mike Farrell
- Beau Bridges
- Robert Duvall
- Charles Bronson
- Earnest Borgnine
Facts About The Show:
- 'Sgt. Saunders' Combat!' game by Super Famicom was based on the TV series.
- CBS Paramount Television inherited the TV series from ABC Films.
Links to Other Combat! Sites.
* If I missed anything your welcome to let me know on the comments.