Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Am I No Longer Fit to Be a Conservative?

 

Isn’t it amazing how others judge you on rather you are a conservative or not? Especially, if you like a candidate, Newt Gingrich as a example. 

 

Am I No Longer Fit to Be a Conservative- by Steve McCann

 

I have often thought of myself as a staunch conservative. However, over the past five weeks I have come to realize, thanks to a solid majority of the conservative chattering class and their vitriol against Newt Gingrich, that I am, per Glenn Beck, a "closet Progressive"; per Ann Coulter, "not a real conservative"; per George Will, "a Marxist"; and per National Review, and numerous other so-called conservative publications, "unfit to represent the conservative movement."

 

With so many people obviously smarter than I sitting in judgment, I must confess that, based on their criteria, they are right. But who is the epitome of the movement?

 

In the 1980s, I was an owner of a consulting company that numbered among its clients an evil pharmaceutical company, SmithKline. But that wasn't the worst of it. We also had a contract with the Resolution Trust Corporation. The RTC was a government entity set up to consolidate and liquidate the assets of nearly a thousand failed Savings and Loans. We had as one of our principals a recently retired assistant IRS commissioner who not only had a wealth of knowledge, but knew the contracting officers at the RTC. Yes, I admit that we used his expertise and connections to obtain the contract.

 

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/12/am_i_no_longer_fit_to_be_a_conservative.html#ixzz1h5TmVYzr

No comments:

Post a Comment