Monday, January 23, 2012

The Politically Correct Bullying Thing

 

Is Anyone Else Getting Tired of This Whole Politically Correct Bullying Thing? by David Cortman Over at the Townhall

Maybe it is just me, but I am getting a bit tired of reading about the left’s aggressive push on the whole bullying issue. I am no bullying expert, nor am I a child psychologist, but I have been bullied before (after all, I am vertically challenged and wore braces growing up). Haven’t most of us been bullied at one point or another? Maybe many of us still are. And isn’t that part of learning how to cope with adversity and challenges in this cold, cruel world that we live in?

 

So why all of a sudden this outrage for something that has been happening since the beginning of time? A loaded question, I know. Let me offer a concession, identify a problem or two, then a general assessment.

 

First, a concession (with a caveat): bullying is no good. People shouldn’t bully. It is a serious issue, but one that should not be hijacked for political gain or to push an agenda.

 

Second, let me point out a problem or two with trying to prohibit bullying. Perhaps you’ve never thought about it, but how is bullying to be defined? I am not just talking about a general description or definition, but rather one that permits a fair and even-handed application. (More difficult is an application that is even possible with young children especially.) 

 

Read More

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful I wasn't encouraged to self identify my sex-related alignment as a kid. I used to think women were ricky, and I considered what I was informed through TV and guides that said, "One day, that can modify. One day you won't be able to keep away from those women you think are 'icky' now.





    Bullying Questionnaire

    ReplyDelete