Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Obama Vaca-o-thon

 

These vacations of the Obamas have me upset like Mark. There no excuse for all these vacations they taken.  fiery4

 

The Obama Vaca-o-thon by Mark over at Mark America

Forgive me if I seem upset. I know the job of President can be stressful and taxing(and with this clown, taxing in more ways than one,) but I must ask about the tally of the Obama family vacations. I will grant you that in the entirety of my adult life(I’m now 46,) if I include even the three-day honeymoon I took with my wife, I can come up with exactly six vacations, totaling 46 days, thus making me atypical, but sixteen in three years? That’s living pretty well on our dime, if you ask me. What is particularly irksome to me is that in many of these cases, the President isn’t present, so we’re paying for security for three-fourths of the first family, plus friends, relatives, and all the rest with a frequency that has become obnoxious. Michelle Antoinette ought to give it a rest, because while I don’t begrudge her a vacation, and in fact hope she gets a life-long vacation next January, I think it’s well past time that somebody speak up about this.

 

I’ve done a little calculation based on the numbers made public after these trips, and I have concluded that Michelle Obama is spending more on security alone per hour than I have spent on the total of those six vacations I’ve taken over the last twenty-eight years. That’s obscene, and any self-respecting person in that position would know it, and particularly in this crushingly bad economic condition, when we measure every gallon of fuel we’re expending, I’m betting that her travels required more in a single trip in dollars worth of fuel than most families will make in 2012. 

 

Read More

 

Related Articles:

  1. Our Money Pays For Their Good Times

  2. Yet Another Taxpayer-Funded Vacation for Michelle Obama…

  3. Pic Of The Day

  4. Michelle Ski Trip marks 16 Obama Vacations in 3 years

  5. Michelle Obama’s ski trip marks 16 Obama vacations

No comments:

Post a Comment