Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Got A Email From My Representative

 

I sent a letter to my representative and two senators about Benghazi. I don’t normally get one from Lugar anymore. He is being a sore loser still. I don’t recall if I got a response from Coats yet. I did from Representative Todd Rokita. This is what he said:

November 26, 2012

Dear Ms. Blake,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the attack on our consulate in Libya. It is good to hear from you.

What happened in Benghazi was a tragedy. I share your concern that this administration has not been forthcoming with the American people about what happened and how they handled the situation. I believe that the evidence clearly indicates this was an act of terrorism and not the result of spontaneous mob violence because of a video. There are still a number of important questions which must be answered.

As you may know, the Oversight and Government Reform Committee is investigating this attack and held a public hearing on October 10, 2012. I recently sent a letter to the president, along with many of my colleagues, asking the administration about their handling of the Benghazi attack and whether there was adequate security at our consulate. Members of the Armed Services, Intelligence, and Foreign Affairs Committees are also seeking answers. I applaud these efforts to uncover the truth. I will continue monitoring this situation and follow the answers wherever they lead. Please be assured once the facts are fully understood, I will take appropriate action to hold the administration accountable.

Again, thank you for contacting me, please stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Todd Rokita
Member of Congress

When I read Representative Todd Rokita response, I couldn’t help but think it was “yeah, yeah, we’re doing something when we’re not” kind of thing. It wasn’t sincere.  It seemed artificial to me. Does it to you?

It could be I have become cynical with our Representatives and Senators at their do nothing, “let’s compromise with Obama” attitude. I tired it. I tired of this no action, no justice, and getting screwed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment