Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Psalms 95

 

Psalms 95

 

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

 

2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving

and extol him with music and song.

 

3 For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.

 

4 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.

 

5 The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.

 

6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;

 

7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if only you would hear his voice,

 

8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,

 

9 where your ancestors tested me; they tried me, though they had seen what I did.

 

10 For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known my ways.’

 

11 So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment