Sunday, September 25, 2011

It sounds like a great idea to me

 

I was talking with an online friend yesterday in my e-mail.  He was telling me about an incident happened between two senators, Al Franken and Joe Lieberman.  Lieberman had asked nicely for an extra moment.  Franken immediately objected, telling Lieberman no, which led to a few senators getting ticked off about it.

I had asked my friend question pertaining to this subject.  While I was waiting for his response, I went You Tube to find the video that pertain to the incident so I could understand better the incident.  I found a video and listened to it.  Once I was finished listening to it, I started to read comments under the video to see what others had to say about it.  My friend had not responded to my question yet.  The comments were basically the same old rhetoric then I ran into the comment written by OrgeDaddy.  This is his comment.

If we are not going to prosecute members of Congress for accepting bribes and racketeering, least you should demand a NASCAR Congress so we know who is bribing these corporate shills.

C-SPAN needs to run banners during the broadcast indicating sponsorship and amounts received.  Fair balanced reporting regardless of party affiliation.

 

I immediately began to laugh.  It sounded like a great idea to me.  I was already visualizing senators and representatives in these cute NASCAR uniforms and caps.

My mind was starting to design this NASCAR uniform and cap for Congress.  The cap and bodysuit would be coded color represented whether the senator or representative was liberal, moderate, or conservative.  The cap would add the word senator or representative, depending on which house they were in.  Logos would be on front of the uniform, the senator or representative backed and bribe from. On that of the uniform would be the words ‘I proudly worked for we the people?’ On the forearms of the uniform would be a patch of the donkey, elephant, or ‘I’ depending on which patched they get would be determined by the party they were in.

For a moment, I can help but thank the uniform was missing something.  Then it occurred to me what it was.  The uniform need ornament, handprint ornament, to mark the spot for pat on the shoulder for a job well done.  Then my mind went to a shape of a target.  I knew where the target needed to go.  A place to get the senator or representative of good swift kick for a job badly done.

I couldn't go any further with my designing idea because my friend sent a reply to my question.  It was time to talk some more with him.

 

* This post was written August, 2010.  I wanted to keep this post because the blog I had this posted on I planned to delete.  Due to health issues I can only keep up with one blog and this is a blog I am keeping. You will probably see few more post from my other blogs also. I just have to revise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment